Tuesday, December 9, 2014

'Tis the Season to be Busy!

Last week on December 4th I got to visit the kids again. The project for the day was to paper mache our tin foil statues! Which was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be, which would explain why I didn't paper mache anything until the fourth grade. But oh well, you learn along the way.

We used paper pulp instead of strips of paper, which was probably easier for the kids to use. But it made the statues a lot more bulkier then before, so it was hard to smooth out. Unfortunately I had to leave before I could see the finished products. So I guess I'll see this week what they have in store for me! Depending on how the figures turned out we will either be reshaping them, or painting them! Either way I am excited to see the kids. They are all so adorable and fun. They all giggled so much when using the paper pulp. It was great.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yeah. I guess I could see how that would make things bulkier. I hope they turn out!

    ReplyDelete