Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Quiet Child

Last week was a blast. I had the opportunity to get some one on one time with the kids. Well, sort of. We set up a backdrop out in the hallway. The kids would come out in groups and sit up against the wall. I then had them one at a time get their paintings, stand in front of the backdrop, and then answer my questions as I filmed them. 

They all seemed so nervous! I would asked them their name, the title of their artwork, and how it made them feel (going off of the Kandinsky book). They all answered with smiles on their faces, but they were all so quiet! I kept asking each of them to speak up and be loud, but they must of just been really shy. 

I went back through my footage and a lot of it is impossible to hear what the kids are saying. I haven't decided if I'll have to redo some of them. Tomorrow the plan is to go and finish up the rest of the filming. Hopefully I can get through all of the kids. And then next week we will start the next lesson. Mrs. Terry and I have been collaborating on what we want to do next. We should know by this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment