Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Technology Hates Me.

I had another successful visit with Mrs. Terry's class, although there were a few bumps along the way. I had created a playlist of music for the kids to listen to as they painted. I had researched what kind of music Kandinsky listened to in his time and tried to find music similar to that. That all went well! It was trying to hook it up to the speakers that was difficult. My phone wasn't connecting properly, and then the speakers weren't connecting to the computer. It took a little bit but we finally got it all figured out and working. 

It was so much fun getting to watch all of the kids paint. They all have such different styles. They seemed to really enjoy themselves too. And a lot of them made some really great pieces! I honestly couldn't tell the difference between de Kooning and the kids. 

I brought my camera so that I could record them painting as I walked around. I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for my meddling camera. Unfortunately it was somehow set to burst mode instead of record. All I captured were some awkward photos of myself, which is a real bummer because I thought I had some really good footage. Luckily I have 6 more weeks to film the kids painting, so its not all bad.

Mrs. Terry and I came up with a really cool idea for the final celebration. So I am excited for that. On Thursday I will be going back to the school to wrap up my first lesson. I'll be filming each of the children and asking them about their artwork. Sort of like they are critiquing their own art, which is something we taught them in the lesson. So this week will be some what of an assessment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment